BJP writes to Anna Hazare, questions Mamata Banerjee`s clean image
Kolkata: The BJP in West Bengal on Thursday shot off a letter to Anna Hazare questioning his support for Mamata Banerjee and contested the clean image of her government.
State BJP president Rahul Sinha pointed out in the letter that even Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parikkar has not taken government car and bungalow.
"She (Mamata Banerjee) is the torch-bearer of the tyrannical CPI(M). The CPI(M) had given birth to hundreds of chit funds in the state, and TMC is carefully nursing them," the letter read.
The letter also said that in the last 36 years of the chit funds` existence, not a single bill had been passed in the state to curb them, be it the CPI(M) or Trinamool.
"The Saradha chit fund scandal has rocked the state by cheating more than Rs 10,000 crore from rural people of the state," Sinha said in his letter.
Sinha also reminded Hazare that while chit fund scam-affected states like Assam, Tripura, Bihar and Jharkhand were pressing for a CBI inquiry, the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal had expressed opposition against it.
The letter also highlighted alleged involvement of district magistrate Kiran Kumar in a scam with local TMC ministers involving the North Bengal Development Board.
When it was exposed by commissioner Sri Jayaraman and legal action opened, Jayaraman was sent to compulsory waiting and he is waiting till date, Sinha wrote.
The letter also refers to the rise in rape cases and the worsening law and order situation under the present dispensation.
The letter also highlights an allegation of huge monetary transaction on appointments made beyond the merit list.
"Annaji, this is just a few glimpses of your patronized CM. She is giving money to illicit liquor consumers (stopped by High Court ). She is giving money to clubs (for patronizing hooligans), she is spending enormous money for fun and fiestas, which could have been given to poor people or could have been used for development of West Bengal," Sinha alleges in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?