BJYM demands national committee for reorganisation of states
Kolkata: Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha on Saturday demanded that a national committee should be formed to look into demands for reorganisation of states arising in the aftermath of the declaration on Telangana.
"If there is a need for new state then the matter should be looked into from the economical, political, cultural and geographical points of view," said general secretary of the BJP`s youth wing, Nitin Navin.
Following the Centre`s nod to the creation of Telangana, Darjeeling hills in West Bengal have been on boil where a separate Gorkhaland is being demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren