BJYM demands national committee for reorganisation of states
Kolkata: Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha on Saturday demanded that a national committee should be formed to look into demands for reorganisation of states arising in the aftermath of the declaration on Telangana.
"If there is a need for new state then the matter should be looked into from the economical, political, cultural and geographical points of view," said general secretary of the BJP`s youth wing, Nitin Navin.
Following the Centre`s nod to the creation of Telangana, Darjeeling hills in West Bengal have been on boil where a separate Gorkhaland is being demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what