Boat capsize toll rises to nine, child still missing
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat
capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to nine today with the recovery of three more
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from
Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorized boats on an
IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple,
The victims were in one boat that capsized yesterday,
Six bodies were found yesterday by Navy divers, while
a child was still missing.
ADRM (O) Ram Prakash arrived with coffins and took the
bodies to Howrah station.
Four victims -- Vinod Sharma (58), B D Bhatt (70),
Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) -- have been
identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!