Boat capsize toll rises to nine, child still missing
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat
capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to nine today with the recovery of three more
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from
Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorized boats on an
IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple,
The victims were in one boat that capsized yesterday,
Six bodies were found yesterday by Navy divers, while
a child was still missing.
ADRM (O) Ram Prakash arrived with coffins and took the
bodies to Howrah station.
Four victims -- Vinod Sharma (58), B D Bhatt (70),
Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) -- have been
identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm