Boat capsize toll rises to nine, child still missing
Kakdwip: The toll in the boat
capsize tragedy in Muriganga river in South 24 Parganas
district rose to nine today with the recovery of three more
The victims were part of a group of 50 tourists from
Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan on four motorized boats on an
IRCTC package who had gone to the Sagar Island as part of a
Bharat Darshan tour to offer puja at the Kapil Muni temple,
The victims were in one boat that capsized yesterday,
Six bodies were found yesterday by Navy divers, while
a child was still missing.
ADRM (O) Ram Prakash arrived with coffins and took the
bodies to Howrah station.
Four victims -- Vinod Sharma (58), B D Bhatt (70),
Kamlesh Tiwari (56) and Marg Shree Devi (45) -- have been
identified so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'