Boat capsizes in Gandak river, girl missing
Bagaha: A girl went missing after a boat capsized in the Gandak river near Narayanpur village in Bihar`s West Champaran district Friday.
The police said the mishap took place when the boat lost control in the swollen river and capsized. A girl, identified as Suman Kumari (16), went missing and was feared drowned.
Eleven occupants of the boat swam to safety, they said.
The Superintendent of Police (SP) Pushkar Anand and other local officials were camping on the spot to supervise rescue and search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials