Boat capsizes in Hooghly river, two missing
Kolkata: Two persons were missing after an overcrowded country-boat capsized midstream of the Hooghly river near Kuthighat, near here, this afternoon, police said.
The boat, with 50 persons on board, was coming from Belur to Dakshineswar when the accident occurred, North 24-parganas district superintendent of police Rahul Srivastava said.
He said that all but two persons were rescued. Help of the river traffic wing of Kolkata police has been sought in the rescue operation launched by the local police.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot to supervise rescue job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!