Boat capsizes in Hooghly river, two missing
Kolkata: Two persons were missing after an overcrowded country-boat capsized midstream of the Hooghly river near Kuthighat, near here, this afternoon, police said.
The boat, with 50 persons on board, was coming from Belur to Dakshineswar when the accident occurred, North 24-parganas district superintendent of police Rahul Srivastava said.
He said that all but two persons were rescued. Help of the river traffic wing of Kolkata police has been sought in the rescue operation launched by the local police.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot to supervise rescue job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical