Boat capsizes in West Bengal, 4 missing
Kolkata: Four people were missing after a boat capsized in the Ganga in West Bengal`s Howrah district on Sunday, police said.
"Twenty-one people have been rescued while four people are missing. No dead body has been recovered," said an officer manning the state police control room here.
Disaster management team of the state government and divers have been pressed into service to conduct search operations for the missing persons at the spot - Chengail near Nepali Ghat in Howrah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14