Boat capsizes in West Bengal, 4 missing
Kolkata: Four people were missing after a boat capsized in the Ganga in West Bengal`s Howrah district on Sunday, police said.
"Twenty-one people have been rescued while four people are missing. No dead body has been recovered," said an officer manning the state police control room here.
Disaster management team of the state government and divers have been pressed into service to conduct search operations for the missing persons at the spot - Chengail near Nepali Ghat in Howrah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list