Boat capsizes near Sagar island, three bodies found
Kakdwip: Three persons were killed
when a motorised boat, carrying nearly 50 passengers, capsized
in the Muriganga river on way to Kakdwip in South 24 Parganas
Police said a group of 200 pilgrims from Uttar Pradesh
was returning to Kakdwip on four motorised boats after
offering pujas at the Kapil Muni temple at Sagar Islands on
the confluence of the Bay of Bengal and the Hooghly river when
one of the vessels sank.
"Three bodies have been fished out and taken to the
Kakdwip hospital," a police official said.
Eyewitnesses claimed eight to 10 persons drowned.
Most of the pilgrims swam ashore or were rescued by
locals at the bank known as `Lot Number Eight`, the police
said. Divers have been engaged to search for bodies, if any.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read