Bodies of 11 Thane victims handed over to families
Malda (WB): Bodies of 11 victims of Thane building collapse were brought here today and handed over to their families in different villages of Kalichak block II of the district.
The bodies were brought in body bags by road from Kolkata, where they were flown down yesterday, official sources said adding a pall of gloom descended on the area after their arrival.
Later, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury visited the bereaved families and condoled the deaths.
The 11 were among the 74 who died in the building collapse in Shil Phata area of Thane district in Maharashtra on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!