Bodies of 11 Thane victims handed over to families
Malda (WB): Bodies of 11 victims of Thane building collapse were brought here today and handed over to their families in different villages of Kalichak block II of the district.
The bodies were brought in body bags by road from Kolkata, where they were flown down yesterday, official sources said adding a pall of gloom descended on the area after their arrival.
Later, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury visited the bereaved families and condoled the deaths.
The 11 were among the 74 who died in the building collapse in Shil Phata area of Thane district in Maharashtra on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him