Bodies of 11 Thane victims handed over to families
Malda (WB): Bodies of 11 victims of Thane building collapse were brought here today and handed over to their families in different villages of Kalichak block II of the district.
The bodies were brought in body bags by road from Kolkata, where they were flown down yesterday, official sources said adding a pall of gloom descended on the area after their arrival.
Later, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury visited the bereaved families and condoled the deaths.
The 11 were among the 74 who died in the building collapse in Shil Phata area of Thane district in Maharashtra on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!