Bodies of 11 Thane victims handed over to families
Malda (WB): Bodies of 11 victims of Thane building collapse were brought here today and handed over to their families in different villages of Kalichak block II of the district.
The bodies were brought in body bags by road from Kolkata, where they were flown down yesterday, official sources said adding a pall of gloom descended on the area after their arrival.
Later, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury visited the bereaved families and condoled the deaths.
The 11 were among the 74 who died in the building collapse in Shil Phata area of Thane district in Maharashtra on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest