Bodies of missing woman, minor daughters found in Kolkata
Kolkata: The bodies of a 37-year-old woman and her two minor daughters who had gone missing nearly a fortnight ago were recovered from inside a shop here Sunday, police said.
The bodies were recovered from the shop in Eqbalpur area here following interrogation of four people suspected to be involved in the crime.
"The bodies recovered today are of Pushpa Singh and her two daughters, aged 12 and 14, who went missing March 29. During our interrogation, we picked up some suspects who confessed to the crime and told us where they had buried the bodies," said an officer of the Eqbalpur police station.
Attributing a dispute over a residential apartment as the reason behind the crime, the officer said cases of kidnapping and murder among other offences have been slapped against the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!