Bodies of missing woman, minor daughters found in Kolkata
Kolkata: The bodies of a 37-year-old woman and her two minor daughters who had gone missing nearly a fortnight ago were recovered from inside a shop here Sunday, police said.
The bodies were recovered from the shop in Eqbalpur area here following interrogation of four people suspected to be involved in the crime.
"The bodies recovered today are of Pushpa Singh and her two daughters, aged 12 and 14, who went missing March 29. During our interrogation, we picked up some suspects who confessed to the crime and told us where they had buried the bodies," said an officer of the Eqbalpur police station.
Attributing a dispute over a residential apartment as the reason behind the crime, the officer said cases of kidnapping and murder among other offences have been slapped against the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal