Bodies of Nepali businessman, his abductor found in gorge
Siliguri (West Bengal): In a sordid abduction drama, a Nepali businessman on a visit to Siliguri was killed after being kidnapped for ransom along with the mastermind of the plot.
Highly decomposed bodies of the two were found yesterday in a gorge at Rung Tung near Sukna in the Kurseong sub-division three weeks after the abduction, Ananda Kumar, Commissioner of Police, Siliguri, said today.
Gangabisan Rathi, a 69-year-old businessman from Nepal`s Biratnagar, was abducted for ransom by Chandra Kumar Chudal, chief of Shiva Sena Nepal, and two other accomplices Surendra Kumar Mishra and Abhijit Basu from West Bengal.
The CP said that on January 25 the wife of Rathi filed a missing persons diary at Bagdogra police station, near here following which the police arrested Chudal`s accomplices Mishra and Basu from the Darjeeling Mail at Bolpur in Birbhum district on January 29.
A court in Siliguri remanded the duo to police custody.
On interrogation, it was found that on January 8 Chudal, Mishra and Basu murdered the businessman shortly after which they demanded ransom of Rs 50 lakh from Rathi`s wife concealing from her the fact that her husband had already been killed.
On January 10, Mishra and Basu killed Chudal on the suspicion that he might reveal the abduction and murder of Rathi who was also the Morang district chairman of Nepal-India Friendship Association.
A few days later the wife of the businessman handed over Rs 50 lakh to the two killers at Uttarayan near Kurseong after which they fled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?