Bodies of road mishap victims brought to native WB village
Purulia (WB): A pall of gloom descended in Chetia village of Purulia district on Tuesday as the bodies of seven pilgrims, who had died in a road mishap in Gaya earlier, were brought.
The seven, including four women, were later cremated as hundreds assembled.
The pilgrims were killed and 27 others injured when a bus carrying them overturned and fell into a ditch at NH-2 near Mountzee Litera School
The injured were undergoing treatment at the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and a Primary Health Centre (PHC) in Manpur village, Hussain said.
The bus was carrying the pilgrims on way to their native place from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video