Body of dental science student found in flat
Barasat: The body of a dental science student was found in a housing complex at Barrackpore in North 24 Pargana district, police said.
Shweta Shaw, the final year student studying in a Haldia college had put up in a flat, owned by her father in a housing complex, along with a fellow male student yesterday, the police said.
Sensing something suspicious, the neighbours informed the police today who found her body lying on a bed.
The body bore some marks on the neck region, the police said.
Her friend was arrested and investigation was on.
Her parents who stay in Coochebehar have been informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured