Body of dental science student found in flat
Barasat: The body of a dental science student was found in a housing complex at Barrackpore in North 24 Pargana district, police said.
Shweta Shaw, the final year student studying in a Haldia college had put up in a flat, owned by her father in a housing complex, along with a fellow male student yesterday, the police said.
Sensing something suspicious, the neighbours informed the police today who found her body lying on a bed.
The body bore some marks on the neck region, the police said.
Her friend was arrested and investigation was on.
Her parents who stay in Coochebehar have been informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city