Body of girl found, family alleges gangrape in West Bengal
Burdwan: The disrobed body of a young girl was found near her home here leading to allegations by her family that she was gangraped and killed.
The girl had been missing since Friday evening when she left her home at Shibpur village, 8 km from here, for her tuition and did not return. Her family lodged a complaint with the police the next day and her body was spotted near her home yesterday morning.
Angry locals suspecting the involvement of three local youths, one of them the husband of a friend of the girl, who were employed as guards at an under-construction nursing home in the vicinity beat them up severely, the police said.
They were rescued by Trinamool Congress workers, who locked the three inside the party office before informing the police.
As the three were detained the three, the locals gheraoed the police station demanding their punishment and blocked the arterial BC Road for sometime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis