Body of girl found, family alleges gangrape in West Bengal
Burdwan: The disrobed body of a young girl was found near her home here leading to allegations by her family that she was gangraped and killed.
The girl had been missing since Friday evening when she left her home at Shibpur village, 8 km from here, for her tuition and did not return. Her family lodged a complaint with the police the next day and her body was spotted near her home yesterday morning.
Angry locals suspecting the involvement of three local youths, one of them the husband of a friend of the girl, who were employed as guards at an under-construction nursing home in the vicinity beat them up severely, the police said.
They were rescued by Trinamool Congress workers, who locked the three inside the party office before informing the police.
As the three were detained the three, the locals gheraoed the police station demanding their punishment and blocked the arterial BC Road for sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city