Body of girl found, family alleges gangrape in West Bengal
Burdwan: The disrobed body of a young girl was found near her home here leading to allegations by her family that she was gangraped and killed.
The girl had been missing since Friday evening when she left her home at Shibpur village, 8 km from here, for her tuition and did not return. Her family lodged a complaint with the police the next day and her body was spotted near her home yesterday morning.
Angry locals suspecting the involvement of three local youths, one of them the husband of a friend of the girl, who were employed as guards at an under-construction nursing home in the vicinity beat them up severely, the police said.
They were rescued by Trinamool Congress workers, who locked the three inside the party office before informing the police.
As the three were detained the three, the locals gheraoed the police station demanding their punishment and blocked the arterial BC Road for sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill