Body of girl found, family alleges gangrape in West Bengal
Burdwan: The disrobed body of a young girl was found near her home here leading to allegations by her family that she was gangraped and killed.
The girl had been missing since Friday evening when she left her home at Shibpur village, 8 km from here, for her tuition and did not return. Her family lodged a complaint with the police the next day and her body was spotted near her home yesterday morning.
Angry locals suspecting the involvement of three local youths, one of them the husband of a friend of the girl, who were employed as guards at an under-construction nursing home in the vicinity beat them up severely, the police said.
They were rescued by Trinamool Congress workers, who locked the three inside the party office before informing the police.
As the three were detained the three, the locals gheraoed the police station demanding their punishment and blocked the arterial BC Road for sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply