Body of kidnapped boy found, mobs pelts stone injuring SDPO
Suri (WB): The body of the class VI student,
who was kidnapped on Monday, was today found in a village
after which a mob pelted stones on a police team, injuring the
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Rampurhat in Birbhum
Riju Dafadar of Sanakpur village, whose father worked as
a private security guard at Tarapith temple was kidnapped on
Monday, police said.
After his family lodged a police complaint, Abhijit
Dafadar, a distant relative of Riji was arrested by the police
on Tuesday and he allegedly admitted that he had kidnapped
The police raided a number of places with Abhijit to
trace Riju but could not find him.
Today the body of Riju was found in a field in Ghoshgram,
a few km from his school at Birchandrapur. When a police team
led by the SDPO went to the spot, a mob pelted stones injuring
the SDPO, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another