Body of kidnapped boy found, mobs pelts stone injuring SDPO
Suri (WB): The body of the class VI student,
who was kidnapped on Monday, was today found in a village
after which a mob pelted stones on a police team, injuring the
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Rampurhat in Birbhum
Riju Dafadar of Sanakpur village, whose father worked as
a private security guard at Tarapith temple was kidnapped on
Monday, police said.
After his family lodged a police complaint, Abhijit
Dafadar, a distant relative of Riji was arrested by the police
on Tuesday and he allegedly admitted that he had kidnapped
The police raided a number of places with Abhijit to
trace Riju but could not find him.
Today the body of Riju was found in a field in Ghoshgram,
a few km from his school at Birchandrapur. When a police team
led by the SDPO went to the spot, a mob pelted stones injuring
the SDPO, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi