Body of kidnapped boy found, mobs pelts stone injuring SDPO
Suri (WB): The body of the class VI student,
who was kidnapped on Monday, was today found in a village
after which a mob pelted stones on a police team, injuring the
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) of Rampurhat in Birbhum
Riju Dafadar of Sanakpur village, whose father worked as
a private security guard at Tarapith temple was kidnapped on
Monday, police said.
After his family lodged a police complaint, Abhijit
Dafadar, a distant relative of Riji was arrested by the police
on Tuesday and he allegedly admitted that he had kidnapped
The police raided a number of places with Abhijit to
trace Riju but could not find him.
Today the body of Riju was found in a field in Ghoshgram,
a few km from his school at Birchandrapur. When a police team
led by the SDPO went to the spot, a mob pelted stones injuring
the SDPO, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter