Body of suspected rape-murder victim found
Midnapore: The body of a woman, who was suspected to have been raped before being killed, was found in Kangsabati river, near this headquarter town of Midnapore West district on Thursday, the police said.
The body of the woman, in her 30s, which was yet to be identified, bore stab wounds in her throat and chest.
Police suspected that the killer had raped her, stabbed her to death and threw the body in the river.
Investigation was on and the body was sent for postmortem, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan
- Over 90% of 4.75 lakh candidates appear in NEET II exam
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes