Body of suspected rape-murder victim found
Midnapore: The body of a woman, who was suspected to have been raped before being killed, was found in Kangsabati river, near this headquarter town of Midnapore West district on Thursday, the police said.
The body of the woman, in her 30s, which was yet to be identified, bore stab wounds in her throat and chest.
Police suspected that the killer had raped her, stabbed her to death and threw the body in the river.
Investigation was on and the body was sent for postmortem, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth