Body of suspected rape-murder victim found
Midnapore: The body of a woman, who was suspected to have been raped before being killed, was found in Kangsabati river, near this headquarter town of Midnapore West district on Thursday, the police said.
The body of the woman, in her 30s, which was yet to be identified, bore stab wounds in her throat and chest.
Police suspected that the killer had raped her, stabbed her to death and threw the body in the river.
Investigation was on and the body was sent for postmortem, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!