Body of woman found near brick kiln
Barasat: The body of a middle-aged woman was found beside a pond with her husband lying seriously injured today at Sonakharki in North 24-Parganas district.
"The body of Soleman Bibi (45) her body was found near a brick kiln this evening. It bore sharp cutting wounds on the head," Additional Superintendent of Police Bhaskar Mukherjee said.
Her husband Mahafiz was poisoned and he was also found unconscious by the locals.
Mahafiz was later shifted to RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata.
Four people have been detained for interrogation, Mukherjee said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report