Body of woman found near brick kiln
Barasat: The body of a middle-aged woman was found beside a pond with her husband lying seriously injured today at Sonakharki in North 24-Parganas district.
"The body of Soleman Bibi (45) her body was found near a brick kiln this evening. It bore sharp cutting wounds on the head," Additional Superintendent of Police Bhaskar Mukherjee said.
Her husband Mahafiz was poisoned and he was also found unconscious by the locals.
Mahafiz was later shifted to RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata.
Four people have been detained for interrogation, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city