Body of woman found near brick kiln
Barasat: The body of a middle-aged woman was found beside a pond with her husband lying seriously injured today at Sonakharki in North 24-Parganas district.
"The body of Soleman Bibi (45) her body was found near a brick kiln this evening. It bore sharp cutting wounds on the head," Additional Superintendent of Police Bhaskar Mukherjee said.
Her husband Mahafiz was poisoned and he was also found unconscious by the locals.
Mahafiz was later shifted to RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata.
Four people have been detained for interrogation, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!