Body of woman found near brick kiln
Barasat: The body of a middle-aged woman was found beside a pond with her husband lying seriously injured today at Sonakharki in North 24-Parganas district.
"The body of Soleman Bibi (45) her body was found near a brick kiln this evening. It bore sharp cutting wounds on the head," Additional Superintendent of Police Bhaskar Mukherjee said.
Her husband Mahafiz was poisoned and he was also found unconscious by the locals.
Mahafiz was later shifted to RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata.
Four people have been detained for interrogation, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'