Bomb explodes infront of Howrah corp mayor
Howrah: The Howrah municipal corporation mayor had a miraculous escape when a bomb exploded in front of the car but later fainted following altercation with allegedly TMC workers Friday.
Police said a bomb exploded infront of the car of the mayor Mamata Jaiswal in ward number 13 near the St Agnes school.
As the vehicle sped away to nearby Johnson road some workers allegedly belonging to the TMC had an altercation following which the mayor fainted.
Jaiswal was taken to the hospital for investigation and later discharged after regaining consciousness.
The police was investigating the case and persons involved in planting the bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?