Bomb hoax creates panic in train
Kolkata: A bomb hoax on Saturday created panic in New Jalpaiguri-bound Pahariya Express.
The train, which had departed from Digha, was stopped at Tamluk station in West Bengal`s East Midnapore district at 6:10 PM following the bomb scare, railway officials said.
The call gave tough time for the security personnel who frantically carried out search in S1, S2 and S3 compartments. However, it was found that the call was hoax, they said.
The train was searched after Tamluk GRP received a message from their Mumbai counterparts that they had received a telephone call from an anonymous caller that a bomb had been planted on board, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them