Bomb hoax creates panic in train
Kolkata: A bomb hoax on Saturday created panic in New Jalpaiguri-bound Pahariya Express.
The train, which had departed from Digha, was stopped at Tamluk station in West Bengal`s East Midnapore district at 6:10 PM following the bomb scare, railway officials said.
The call gave tough time for the security personnel who frantically carried out search in S1, S2 and S3 compartments. However, it was found that the call was hoax, they said.
The train was searched after Tamluk GRP received a message from their Mumbai counterparts that they had received a telephone call from an anonymous caller that a bomb had been planted on board, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL