Bomb hoax creates panic in train
Kolkata: A bomb hoax on Saturday created panic in New Jalpaiguri-bound Pahariya Express.
The train, which had departed from Digha, was stopped at Tamluk station in West Bengal`s East Midnapore district at 6:10 PM following the bomb scare, railway officials said.
The call gave tough time for the security personnel who frantically carried out search in S1, S2 and S3 compartments. However, it was found that the call was hoax, they said.
The train was searched after Tamluk GRP received a message from their Mumbai counterparts that they had received a telephone call from an anonymous caller that a bomb had been planted on board, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred