Bomb scare in Spicejet flight causes panic at NSC airport
Kolkata: The NSC Bose International Airport
here today witnessed some anxious moments after a chit was
found inside a Chennai-Kolkata Spicejet flight, threatening
that a bomb was planted inside the aircraft.
Airport Director R Srinivasan said that the Commandar
pilot sought help of the airport authority immediately after
landing at noon.
The authorities, who were in a state of alert in the wake
of yesterday`s blast in Pune, immediately took the aircraft to
isolation bay where CISF jawans and personnel of the airport
police conducted a thorough search of passengers and their
baggage. The bomb disposal squad was also called in.
However, nothing suspicious was found from the aircraft
which later left for Bagdogra from here, Srinivasan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling