Bomb scare in Spicejet flight causes panic at NSC airport
Kolkata: The NSC Bose International Airport
here today witnessed some anxious moments after a chit was
found inside a Chennai-Kolkata Spicejet flight, threatening
that a bomb was planted inside the aircraft.
Airport Director R Srinivasan said that the Commandar
pilot sought help of the airport authority immediately after
landing at noon.
The authorities, who were in a state of alert in the wake
of yesterday`s blast in Pune, immediately took the aircraft to
isolation bay where CISF jawans and personnel of the airport
police conducted a thorough search of passengers and their
baggage. The bomb disposal squad was also called in.
However, nothing suspicious was found from the aircraft
which later left for Bagdogra from here, Srinivasan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor