Bomb scare in Spicejet flight causes panic at NSC airport
Kolkata: The NSC Bose International Airport
here today witnessed some anxious moments after a chit was
found inside a Chennai-Kolkata Spicejet flight, threatening
that a bomb was planted inside the aircraft.
Airport Director R Srinivasan said that the Commandar
pilot sought help of the airport authority immediately after
landing at noon.
The authorities, who were in a state of alert in the wake
of yesterday`s blast in Pune, immediately took the aircraft to
isolation bay where CISF jawans and personnel of the airport
police conducted a thorough search of passengers and their
baggage. The bomb disposal squad was also called in.
However, nothing suspicious was found from the aircraft
which later left for Bagdogra from here, Srinivasan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune