Bomb scare in Spicejet flight causes panic at NSC airport
Kolkata: The NSC Bose International Airport
here today witnessed some anxious moments after a chit was
found inside a Chennai-Kolkata Spicejet flight, threatening
that a bomb was planted inside the aircraft.
Airport Director R Srinivasan said that the Commandar
pilot sought help of the airport authority immediately after
landing at noon.
The authorities, who were in a state of alert in the wake
of yesterday`s blast in Pune, immediately took the aircraft to
isolation bay where CISF jawans and personnel of the airport
police conducted a thorough search of passengers and their
baggage. The bomb disposal squad was also called in.
However, nothing suspicious was found from the aircraft
which later left for Bagdogra from here, Srinivasan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back