Bomb scare in Spicejet flight causes panic at NSC airport
Kolkata: The NSC Bose International Airport
here today witnessed some anxious moments after a chit was
found inside a Chennai-Kolkata Spicejet flight, threatening
that a bomb was planted inside the aircraft.
Airport Director R Srinivasan said that the Commandar
pilot sought help of the airport authority immediately after
landing at noon.
The authorities, who were in a state of alert in the wake
of yesterday`s blast in Pune, immediately took the aircraft to
isolation bay where CISF jawans and personnel of the airport
police conducted a thorough search of passengers and their
baggage. The bomb disposal squad was also called in.
However, nothing suspicious was found from the aircraft
which later left for Bagdogra from here, Srinivasan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan