Boy dies after corporal punishment in school
Purulia (WB): A standard five boy of Purulia who was allegedly beaten in the class by his teacher for not being able to answer, fell ill after returning home and admitted to hospital has died.
The 12-year-old, who was a student of Banga Manna High School of Bandwan, 90 km from here, was punished by his teacher last Thursday, police said quoting a FIR filed by his family on Thursday against the teacher.
He fell ill after he returned home and was rushed to Bandwan block hospital. He was referred to Tata Main Hospital in Jamshedpur on Monday and died in that hospital yesterday.
The body was brought back to Bandwan today and post mortem was conducted, the police said.
The FIR said the boy had shown bruise marks on his back after returning from school and had complained to his family that the teacher had used a stick to beat him.
The school authorities have declined to comment on the incident when contacted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa