Boy dies after corporal punishment in school
Purulia (WB): A standard five boy of Purulia who was allegedly beaten in the class by his teacher for not being able to answer, fell ill after returning home and admitted to hospital has died.
The 12-year-old, who was a student of Banga Manna High School of Bandwan, 90 km from here, was punished by his teacher last Thursday, police said quoting a FIR filed by his family on Thursday against the teacher.
He fell ill after he returned home and was rushed to Bandwan block hospital. He was referred to Tata Main Hospital in Jamshedpur on Monday and died in that hospital yesterday.
The body was brought back to Bandwan today and post mortem was conducted, the police said.
The FIR said the boy had shown bruise marks on his back after returning from school and had complained to his family that the teacher had used a stick to beat him.
The school authorities have declined to comment on the incident when contacted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA