Boy fails in test for HS exam, kills mother
Barasat (West Bengal): A 19-year-old boy on Thursday strangulated his mother to death in North 24 Parganas district, apparently in fear of being exposed that he had failed to clear the test to appear for the Higher Secondary Examination, the police said.
Sourav Khilari first sprinkled chili powder on the eyes of his mother Mousumi Khilari (45) and then strangulated her using a skipping rope, the sources said.
The woman managed to raise an alarm, following which their neighbours at Green Park under Belgharia police station reached there, broke open the door of their flat and found the woman lying dead.
The police came and arrested Sourav, the only child of Mousumi and her husband, a railway employee.
During interrogation, Sourav said he failed in the test examination and could not appear for the Higher Secondary examination. But he did not inform his parents about this.
As his friends started receiving admit cards for HS Examination, Sourav thought now his parents would get to know that he had failed in the test examination, the police said.
His mother used to look after his studies, the police said adding Sourav`s father was at office when the incident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31