Boy fails in test for HS exam, kills mother
Barasat (West Bengal): A 19-year-old boy on Thursday strangulated his mother to death in North 24 Parganas district, apparently in fear of being exposed that he had failed to clear the test to appear for the Higher Secondary Examination, the police said.
Sourav Khilari first sprinkled chili powder on the eyes of his mother Mousumi Khilari (45) and then strangulated her using a skipping rope, the sources said.
The woman managed to raise an alarm, following which their neighbours at Green Park under Belgharia police station reached there, broke open the door of their flat and found the woman lying dead.
The police came and arrested Sourav, the only child of Mousumi and her husband, a railway employee.
During interrogation, Sourav said he failed in the test examination and could not appear for the Higher Secondary examination. But he did not inform his parents about this.
As his friends started receiving admit cards for HS Examination, Sourav thought now his parents would get to know that he had failed in the test examination, the police said.
His mother used to look after his studies, the police said adding Sourav`s father was at office when the incident occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days