Boycott CPI(M) and Trinamool, vote for us: BJP
Kolkata: The BJP on Thursday accused both the
CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress of having Maoist links and held
them responsible for disrupting peace in the state.
"While CPI(M) took help of the Maoists for area
domination in places like Keshpur, Garbeta and Debra, the
Trinamool Congress took help of this ultra outfit in Nandigram
to oust its political opponents", BJP state President Rahul
Sinha said here today at a "Meet-the-Press", organised by
Kolkata Press Club.
Soliciting votes for his party, Sinha alleged that the
Trinamool Congress in particular, has entered into a `secret
deal` with the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM), while the CPI(M)
wants to keep alive unrest in Darjeeling for its political
"We have seat adjustment with the GJM on the basis of
our understanding since long. The GJM agreed to the proposal
of Darjeeling MP Jaswant Singh for local autonomy in the hills
and even agreed to settle the issue across the table, but the
LF government disrupted the peace process in their own
interest. The GJM later demanded Gorkhaland statehood", Sinha
"The BJP without such malice is confident of winning
people`s support in the coming elections defeating both its
rivals CPI(M) and Trinamool-Congress alliance in all
294 seats", Sinha said.
Sinha said that for the first time the party was
contesting in all 294 seats, including four with its poll ally
Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) and one with Progressive
People`s Party (PPP), a partner of Adivasi Vikas Parishad.
Sinha said that the BJP would emerge as a big power in
the state, as it was the only alternative to the CPI(M)-led
Left Front and the TC-Congress combine.
"This election is a crucial one for them, as both the
CPI(M) and TC had major resentment at the grassroots level",
A host of BJP national leaders including L K Advani,
Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Narendra Modi,
Benoy Katiyar and Smriti Irani have been invited to join the
party`s poll campaign in the state to ensure prospects of
their party candidates, Sinha said.
"While some of them have already confirmed, the rest
are likely to confirm their schedule soon", he said adding
that the party has procured three helicopter for
electioneering in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list