Brahmaputra Mail accident: Railways suspend 6 staff
Kolkata: The driver, assistant driver and
guard of the goods train that was involved in a mishap with
the Brahmaputra Mail were among six staff members of Malda
division of Eastern Railway suspended for alleged negligence
Loco inspector of Sahibganj in Jharkhand where the mishap
took place, the on-duty assistant station master and porter of
Karanpurato station have been suspended, Eastern Railway
sources said here.
They were suspended for alleged negligence that caused
the stationary goods train in the loop line to roll back and
hit the passing Brahmaputra Mail when it was passing
The goods train was on the main line since midnight due
to a technical problem in its engine, the release said.
The sources said that the rear nine coaches of
Brahmaputra Mail left the accident site with the passengers at
8.20 AM and left for its destination New Delhi after the
passengers were served food by railway authorities at Barharwa
Four trains have been detained at different stations in
the section owing to the accident, ER sources said.
The Brahmaputra Mail to Guwahati was detained at Sabour,
while the Guwahati-LTT Express was halted at Kalyan Chak
station and would be diverted via different routes.
The Malda Town-Bhagalpur Express was detained at
Barharwa station and Bhagalpur-Azimganj Passenger at
Shivnarayanpur station, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test