Brahmaputra Mail accident: Railways suspend 6 staff
Kolkata: The driver, assistant driver and
guard of the goods train that was involved in a mishap with
the Brahmaputra Mail were among six staff members of Malda
division of Eastern Railway suspended for alleged negligence
Loco inspector of Sahibganj in Jharkhand where the mishap
took place, the on-duty assistant station master and porter of
Karanpurato station have been suspended, Eastern Railway
sources said here.
They were suspended for alleged negligence that caused
the stationary goods train in the loop line to roll back and
hit the passing Brahmaputra Mail when it was passing
The goods train was on the main line since midnight due
to a technical problem in its engine, the release said.
The sources said that the rear nine coaches of
Brahmaputra Mail left the accident site with the passengers at
8.20 AM and left for its destination New Delhi after the
passengers were served food by railway authorities at Barharwa
Four trains have been detained at different stations in
the section owing to the accident, ER sources said.
The Brahmaputra Mail to Guwahati was detained at Sabour,
while the Guwahati-LTT Express was halted at Kalyan Chak
station and would be diverted via different routes.
The Malda Town-Bhagalpur Express was detained at
Barharwa station and Bhagalpur-Azimganj Passenger at
Shivnarayanpur station, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America