Brahmaputra Mail accident: Railways suspend 6 staff
Kolkata: The driver, assistant driver and
guard of the goods train that was involved in a mishap with
the Brahmaputra Mail were among six staff members of Malda
division of Eastern Railway suspended for alleged negligence
Loco inspector of Sahibganj in Jharkhand where the mishap
took place, the on-duty assistant station master and porter of
Karanpurato station have been suspended, Eastern Railway
sources said here.
They were suspended for alleged negligence that caused
the stationary goods train in the loop line to roll back and
hit the passing Brahmaputra Mail when it was passing
The goods train was on the main line since midnight due
to a technical problem in its engine, the release said.
The sources said that the rear nine coaches of
Brahmaputra Mail left the accident site with the passengers at
8.20 AM and left for its destination New Delhi after the
passengers were served food by railway authorities at Barharwa
Four trains have been detained at different stations in
the section owing to the accident, ER sources said.
The Brahmaputra Mail to Guwahati was detained at Sabour,
while the Guwahati-LTT Express was halted at Kalyan Chak
station and would be diverted via different routes.
The Malda Town-Bhagalpur Express was detained at
Barharwa station and Bhagalpur-Azimganj Passenger at
Shivnarayanpur station, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town