Bride among six killed in accident, groom injured
Jalpaiguri: Six persons, including a bride, were killed and 10 others injured when an SUV carrying a marriage party hit a road side tree in Haldibari area of Coochbehar district in the small hours on Friday, the police said.
The accident occurred near Kashiabari Krishi Farm at about 1 AM when the marriage party was returning to the groom`s place after the wedding at Berubari.
While two children -- aged two and five -- died on the spot, two succumbed at the Jalpaiguri Hospital and as many at the North Bengal Medical College Hospital, they said.
The bride, Mahasina Begum (30), died at Jalpaiguri hospital, while the 65-year-old bridegroom Maqbul Hossain was injured.
Altafuddin, a relative of the bride`s family, has alleged that the driver of the SUV was drunk and was vehicle was in high speed.
The driver was among the injured, the sources said, adding six persons were admitted to the North Bengal Medical College Hospital, while four were being treated at Jalpaiguri hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation