Bring in a non-Congress, non-BJP govt at the Centre: Buddhadeb
Ranaghat: CPI(M) Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday appealed to the people to vote for a non-Congress and non-BJP government at the Centre in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"Bring change in Delhi... Not by bringing in the Congress or BJP but by a substitute power," Bhattacharjee said in an apparent reference to the Third Front while addressing an election rally here.
Blaming the Congress for failing to fulfil the peoples` expectations, Bhattacharjee said that even if the BJP came to power, they would not be able to improve the situation because they also followed the "same economic policy".
"What Congress failed to do is not possible for the BJP to fulfil because the economic policy of the two are the same," he said.
The former chief minister also alleged that while the Congress divided the country between rich and poor, the BJP used Hinduism for the same purpose.
He also criticised the Mamata Banerjee-run state government on issues like unemployment, industrialisation and security of women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested