Bring in a non-Congress, non-BJP govt at the Centre: Buddhadeb
Ranaghat: CPI(M) Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday appealed to the people to vote for a non-Congress and non-BJP government at the Centre in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"Bring change in Delhi... Not by bringing in the Congress or BJP but by a substitute power," Bhattacharjee said in an apparent reference to the Third Front while addressing an election rally here.
Blaming the Congress for failing to fulfil the peoples` expectations, Bhattacharjee said that even if the BJP came to power, they would not be able to improve the situation because they also followed the "same economic policy".
"What Congress failed to do is not possible for the BJP to fulfil because the economic policy of the two are the same," he said.
The former chief minister also alleged that while the Congress divided the country between rich and poor, the BJP used Hinduism for the same purpose.
He also criticised the Mamata Banerjee-run state government on issues like unemployment, industrialisation and security of women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof