BSF jawan murdered, 2 held
Balurghat (WB): A BSF jawan was killed by
smugglers at Hili near the Bangladesh border in South Dinajpur
district and two persons have been arrested in this
connection, police said on Tuesday.
Two persons were arrested for the murder of HT
Kantaraj, a resident from Karnataka, whose stabbed body was
spotted on Sunday at a spot between Iswarpara and Srirampur
localities, police said.
The two arrested persons - identified as Sushil Pal
and Swapan Pahana - were rounded up from Iswarpara area this
Prima facie it appeared Kantaraj, a head constable,
was targeted by smugglers, around 40 in number, for trying to
stop cattle smuggling across the border, police said.
A BSF spokesman said a team would be coming from New
Delhi soon for detailed investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert