BSF, NIA seize fake notes of Rs 10 lakh face value
Kolkata: The Border Security Force (BSF) and the National Investigation Agency Tuesday seized fake Indian currency notes (FICN) valued Rs 10 lakh and also arrested a racketeer.
The joint operation was carried out near Churiantpur border outpost in Malda district.
The fake Indian currency notes, wrapped in a plastic bag and hidden inside a cement bag, were found under the driver`s seat of a vehicle, the BSF said in a media statement.
Driver Iqtarul Haque, a resident of Kaliachak in the district, was arrested.
The BSF described smuggling in fake Indian currency notes as a major concern and raised the issue with its Bangladeshi counterpart - the Border Guards Bangladesh.
In the past few months, the BSF seized such fake notes with face value of over Rs.50 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Facebook to shut down its desktop ad exchange 'FBX'
- Shutdown over 'sainik colony' affects life in Kashmir
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade
- Rani Mukerji, daughter Adira's Paris trip turns into a family affair! – Know why