BSF seizes 49 kg gold worth Rs 14 crore in last six months
Kolkata: The South Bengal Frontier of the Border Security Force (BSF) has seized about 49 kg of gold worth over Rs 14 crore and apprehended 30 gold smugglers in the last six months.
Disclosing this today, the BSF sources said the latest addition was seizure of five gold biscuits weighing 583.2 gm and valued at Rs 17.5 lakh from the Krishnagar sector.
Acting on a tip off, the 26th Battalion of the South Bengal Frontier conducted a special operation yesterday and seized the yellow metal, they said.
The valuables were concealed in a towel. No arrest was made during the raid, the BSF sources said adding the seized items have been handed over to the Customs authority at Krishnagar in Nadia district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE