BSF seizes 49 kg gold worth Rs 14 crore in last six months
Kolkata: The South Bengal Frontier of the Border Security Force (BSF) has seized about 49 kg of gold worth over Rs 14 crore and apprehended 30 gold smugglers in the last six months.
Disclosing this today, the BSF sources said the latest addition was seizure of five gold biscuits weighing 583.2 gm and valued at Rs 17.5 lakh from the Krishnagar sector.
Acting on a tip off, the 26th Battalion of the South Bengal Frontier conducted a special operation yesterday and seized the yellow metal, they said.
The valuables were concealed in a towel. No arrest was made during the raid, the BSF sources said adding the seized items have been handed over to the Customs authority at Krishnagar in Nadia district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH