BSF seizes gold biscuits worth Rs 65 lakh, 1 held
Kolkata: BSF personnel Friday seized 21 gold biscuits worth Rs 65 lakh and arrested a smuggler from Tarali in North 24 Parganas district, officials said.
Acting on intelligence inputs that a gold consignment would be smuggled to Kolkata, personnel of Tarali border outpost caught Rustam Sardar from whom 21 gold biscuits weighing 2.34 kg was recovered, they said.
The 50-year-old smuggler and the seized gold consignment was handed over to local custom authorities for further action.
BSF seized gold worth Rs 7.6 crore and apprehended 24 gold smugglers so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in