BSF seizes gold biscuits worth Rs 65 lakh, 1 held
Kolkata: BSF personnel Friday seized 21 gold biscuits worth Rs 65 lakh and arrested a smuggler from Tarali in North 24 Parganas district, officials said.
Acting on intelligence inputs that a gold consignment would be smuggled to Kolkata, personnel of Tarali border outpost caught Rustam Sardar from whom 21 gold biscuits weighing 2.34 kg was recovered, they said.
The 50-year-old smuggler and the seized gold consignment was handed over to local custom authorities for further action.
BSF seized gold worth Rs 7.6 crore and apprehended 24 gold smugglers so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?