BSF seizes gold biscuits worth Rs 65 lakh, 1 held
Kolkata: BSF personnel Friday seized 21 gold biscuits worth Rs 65 lakh and arrested a smuggler from Tarali in North 24 Parganas district, officials said.
Acting on intelligence inputs that a gold consignment would be smuggled to Kolkata, personnel of Tarali border outpost caught Rustam Sardar from whom 21 gold biscuits weighing 2.34 kg was recovered, they said.
The 50-year-old smuggler and the seized gold consignment was handed over to local custom authorities for further action.
BSF seized gold worth Rs 7.6 crore and apprehended 24 gold smugglers so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof