BSF shot dead two smugglers
Malda: BSF jawans shot dead two smugglers and injured another when they attacked the border force with bombs at Sobhapur in Malda district in the wee hours Thursday, police said.
The incident occurred when about 30 smugglers were trying to cross over to Bangladesh with cows and BSF jawans intercepted them at about 2.30 am.
As the smugglers lobbed bombs injuring one jawan, BSF fired at them killing two on the spot and injuring another, police said.
The rest managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley