Buddha has conceded defeat: Trinamool
Kolkata: Ridiculing West Bengal Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s claim that the Left Front
will win the upcoming Assembly elections in the state,
Trinamool Congress on Wednesday said he had actually conceded defeat
by admitting his mistakes.
"The government has already conceded defeat. He has
given a farewell speech in his press conference. It is no use
seeking apologies for his mistakes now," TC Secretary General
Partha Chatterjee told reporters here.
What the chief minister said today on land acquisition
had been voiced by TC chief Mamata Banerjee much earlier, the
leader of the opposition said.
"The government has already gone into ventilation. What
is the use of procuring new medicines now", he quipped.
Referring to CPI(M)`s demand to the Election Commission
to execute all NBWs in which Mamata Banerjee`s name was also
included, Chatterjee dared the chief minister to arrest her.
"Mamata is now at home. Let him arrest her if he has
courage", he said.
The chief minister, however, had already said that his
government had no intention to harass or arrest Banerjee in
connection with an incident at Barasat in North 24 parganas
district in 1994, in which the police had registered FIRs
On the suspension of three Trinamool MLAs in the state
Assembly today, Chatterjee said the Speaker Hasim Abdul Halim
had misused his power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls