Buddha welcomes Somnath to campaign trail, silent on re-entry
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Sunday welcomed expelled CPI-M leader Somnath
Chatterjee for campaigning for the Left Front in the Assembly
polls, but remained non-committal about his immediate
re-induction into the party.
"It is good that Somnath Chatterjee is campaigning. It
is a big help to the Left Front," Bhattacharjee said at a
`Meet-the-Press` programme here.
Asked about the possibility of the former Lok Sabha
Speaker`s re-induction into the party, Bhattacharjee said,
"It has not been thought of yet."
Chatterjee was expelled from the CPI-M for going against
party line in the trust vote in 2008.
"There were some problems a couple of years ago. But
Somnath Chatterjee is still with the Left. He is an important
leader," Bhattacharjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!