Buddha welcomes Somnath to campaign trail, silent on re-entry
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Sunday welcomed expelled CPI-M leader Somnath
Chatterjee for campaigning for the Left Front in the Assembly
polls, but remained non-committal about his immediate
re-induction into the party.
"It is good that Somnath Chatterjee is campaigning. It
is a big help to the Left Front," Bhattacharjee said at a
`Meet-the-Press` programme here.
Asked about the possibility of the former Lok Sabha
Speaker`s re-induction into the party, Bhattacharjee said,
"It has not been thought of yet."
Chatterjee was expelled from the CPI-M for going against
party line in the trust vote in 2008.
"There were some problems a couple of years ago. But
Somnath Chatterjee is still with the Left. He is an important
leader," Bhattacharjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!