Buddha welcomes Somnath to campaign trail, silent on re-entry
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Sunday welcomed expelled CPI-M leader Somnath
Chatterjee for campaigning for the Left Front in the Assembly
polls, but remained non-committal about his immediate
re-induction into the party.
"It is good that Somnath Chatterjee is campaigning. It
is a big help to the Left Front," Bhattacharjee said at a
`Meet-the-Press` programme here.
Asked about the possibility of the former Lok Sabha
Speaker`s re-induction into the party, Bhattacharjee said,
"It has not been thought of yet."
Chatterjee was expelled from the CPI-M for going against
party line in the trust vote in 2008.
"There were some problems a couple of years ago. But
Somnath Chatterjee is still with the Left. He is an important
leader," Bhattacharjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit