Buddha welcomes Somnath to campaign trail, silent on re-entry
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee on Sunday welcomed expelled CPI-M leader Somnath
Chatterjee for campaigning for the Left Front in the Assembly
polls, but remained non-committal about his immediate
re-induction into the party.
"It is good that Somnath Chatterjee is campaigning. It
is a big help to the Left Front," Bhattacharjee said at a
`Meet-the-Press` programme here.
Asked about the possibility of the former Lok Sabha
Speaker`s re-induction into the party, Bhattacharjee said,
"It has not been thought of yet."
Chatterjee was expelled from the CPI-M for going against
party line in the trust vote in 2008.
"There were some problems a couple of years ago. But
Somnath Chatterjee is still with the Left. He is an important
leader," Bhattacharjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez