Buddhadeb asks Chidamabaram not to `play doctor`
Kolkata: Hitting back at the Centre, Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday asked Home Minister P
Chidambaram told him not to `play doctor` as he did not need
his advice in administering West Bengal.
"What is happening in Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh? Instead of
playing doctor here, he should get his act together in those
places. I don`t need his advice. I ask Chidambaram to
concentrate on his own job. I know my job," Bhattacharjee
told reporters here when asked about Chidambaram`s comments
during recent his poll campaign in the city.
Chidambaram had dubbed West Bengal as the "worst-governed"
state in the country and blamed the CPI-M and its cadres for
"West Bengal is the worst-governed state in the country
and our immediate concern is law and order," he had told
The Home Minister had given out figures that more
Trinamool Congress and Congress workers died in political
violence in the state than CPI(M) workers.
He had also said the chief minister was in a state of
denial and the culmination was the killing of several persons
at Netai in West Midnapore district on January 7 this year.
Reiterating that the Trinamool was hand in glove with
Maoists and the People`s Committee against Police Atrocities
(PCPA), Bhattacharjee said today, "We have to defeat the
Trinamool Congress to defeat the Maoists."
Fourteen constituencies in the Maoist-affected districts
of West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura districts will go to
the polls on May 10 in the last of the six phase Assembly
elections in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees