Buddhadeb asks Chidamabaram not to `play doctor`
Kolkata: Hitting back at the Centre, Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday asked Home Minister P
Chidambaram told him not to `play doctor` as he did not need
his advice in administering West Bengal.
"What is happening in Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh? Instead of
playing doctor here, he should get his act together in those
places. I don`t need his advice. I ask Chidambaram to
concentrate on his own job. I know my job," Bhattacharjee
told reporters here when asked about Chidambaram`s comments
during recent his poll campaign in the city.
Chidambaram had dubbed West Bengal as the "worst-governed"
state in the country and blamed the CPI-M and its cadres for
"West Bengal is the worst-governed state in the country
and our immediate concern is law and order," he had told
The Home Minister had given out figures that more
Trinamool Congress and Congress workers died in political
violence in the state than CPI(M) workers.
He had also said the chief minister was in a state of
denial and the culmination was the killing of several persons
at Netai in West Midnapore district on January 7 this year.
Reiterating that the Trinamool was hand in glove with
Maoists and the People`s Committee against Police Atrocities
(PCPA), Bhattacharjee said today, "We have to defeat the
Trinamool Congress to defeat the Maoists."
Fourteen constituencies in the Maoist-affected districts
of West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura districts will go to
the polls on May 10 in the last of the six phase Assembly
elections in West Bengal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata