Buddhadeb asks CPI(M) workers to go to people
Kolkata: CPI(M) leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday accused the Trinamool Congress-led West Bengal government of being a `failure` in last one year and asked his party workers to take advantage of the situation to win back the people`s confidence.
Accusing the Mamata Banerjee government of stalling agricultural and industrial development while the law and order situation deteriorated, Bhattacharjee, a former chief minister said "we have to take advantage of the situation by activating our party workers to go to the people who are angry with the government`s non-functioning."
Stating that it was still difficult to bridge the gap with the common people, he said "we have to identify our lapses through self-analysis and introspection and bring back the people who left us.
"We should not forget that activities and behaviour of a section of our party leaders and workers have made the common people turn against us," Bhattacharjee told a party convention in North 24 Parganas district.
He said that the situation was grim on the agricultural front with farmers unable to sell their produce while prices in the vegetable market was soaring.
There was also uncertainty in the industrial sector with no new unit coming up and investors shying away from the state where an economic crisis was prevailing and the unemployment rate was up, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what