Buddhadeb asks CPI(M) workers to go to people
Kolkata: CPI(M) leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday accused the Trinamool Congress-led West Bengal government of being a `failure` in last one year and asked his party workers to take advantage of the situation to win back the people`s confidence.
Accusing the Mamata Banerjee government of stalling agricultural and industrial development while the law and order situation deteriorated, Bhattacharjee, a former chief minister said "we have to take advantage of the situation by activating our party workers to go to the people who are angry with the government`s non-functioning."
Stating that it was still difficult to bridge the gap with the common people, he said "we have to identify our lapses through self-analysis and introspection and bring back the people who left us.
"We should not forget that activities and behaviour of a section of our party leaders and workers have made the common people turn against us," Bhattacharjee told a party convention in North 24 Parganas district.
He said that the situation was grim on the agricultural front with farmers unable to sell their produce while prices in the vegetable market was soaring.
There was also uncertainty in the industrial sector with no new unit coming up and investors shying away from the state where an economic crisis was prevailing and the unemployment rate was up, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark