Buddhadeb counters Chidambaram`s attack
Udaynarayanpur (WB): Responding to Home
minister P Chidambaram`s attack on the Left Front government
in West Bengal, Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Monday
held him `fully responsible` for unrest in Kashmir and Andhra
Pradesh and asked him `to take care of his own business`.
"Chidambaram described us as the worst-governed state,
but he should give an account of how the central government is
functioning," Bhatacharjee retorted at a Left front election
rally here in Howrah district.
"I advise that the doctor should treat himself first
and not try to teach us as we are confident of taking care of
ourselves," he remarked.
Lashing out at Chidambaram`s assessment of the law and
order situation in the state, Bhattacharjee said, "It is
amazing that he is indifferent to the crime and murder being
committed by the Trinamool Congress."
Because of the central government`s `non-functioning`,
there is unrest in Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh where the
Telangana movement is gaining momentum, the chief minister
He also lashed out at Chidambaram for `breaking a Left
Front government in Tripura once`.
Expressing his determination to resist Maoists in the
state at any cost, he said, "I will like to know from the
home minister whether he overlooks the Maoist-Trinamool
Bhattacharjee claimed that the CPI-M`s vote percentage
would increase in West Midnapore district as a result of
today`s Chidambaram-addressed rallies at Garbeta and Keshpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon