Buddhadeb has no car, house, land, has only Rs 5,000
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee does not own a house or a car and he stays in a
rented government flat and has just Rs 5,000 cash in hand.
Bhattacharjee, who is the CPI(M) candidate for Jadavpore
assembly constituency, said in his affidavit filed with the
Election Commission that his income for the year 2009-10 was
Bhattacharjee has no bank deposit, investment, FD or
The chief minister has no immovable or movable property,
farm land, non-agricultural land, commercial or residential
building in his own name nor has he inherited any property.
The income tax return of Bhattacharjee`s wife Mira,
however, shows she has an income of Rs 6,70,135 in 2009-10,
movable asset valued at over Rs 31 lakh including bank
deposits, jewellery and investments.
She owns a residential building in New Town area
currently valued at Rs 15 lakh.
Bhattacharjee is an alumni of the Presidency College,
with honours degree in Bengali.
In contrast, his cabinet colleague and Finance Minister
Ashim Dasgupta, contesting from Khardah, owns a house at
Sector III in Salt Lake area and has movable assets valued at
over 16 lakh.
Dasgupta has an income of Rs 4,71,802 in 2009-10 and his
house on four cottah has no current market value as land in
Sector III is not saleable in the market.
While the land was purchased at a cost of Rs 40,000, the
cost of construction of the house was Rs 2,18,000.
He has assets and liabilities valued at Rs 16,92,896.15
which includes fixed deposits and mutual funds.
Dasgupta`s spouse Shyamali Dasgupta, a retired employee
of the Reserve Bank of India, though not possessing land,
house or vehicle, has movable assets valued at Rs 9,86,894.04
which includes gold ornaments, fixed deposits, NSC, mutual
funds and LIC policies.
Dasgupta, a Ph.D from Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, (Economics) USA, is a retired professor of
economics of Calcutta University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!