Buddhadeb has no car, house, land, has only Rs 5,000
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee does not own a house or a car and he stays in a
rented government flat and has just Rs 5,000 cash in hand.
Bhattacharjee, who is the CPI(M) candidate for Jadavpore
assembly constituency, said in his affidavit filed with the
Election Commission that his income for the year 2009-10 was
Bhattacharjee has no bank deposit, investment, FD or
The chief minister has no immovable or movable property,
farm land, non-agricultural land, commercial or residential
building in his own name nor has he inherited any property.
The income tax return of Bhattacharjee`s wife Mira,
however, shows she has an income of Rs 6,70,135 in 2009-10,
movable asset valued at over Rs 31 lakh including bank
deposits, jewellery and investments.
She owns a residential building in New Town area
currently valued at Rs 15 lakh.
Bhattacharjee is an alumni of the Presidency College,
with honours degree in Bengali.
In contrast, his cabinet colleague and Finance Minister
Ashim Dasgupta, contesting from Khardah, owns a house at
Sector III in Salt Lake area and has movable assets valued at
over 16 lakh.
Dasgupta has an income of Rs 4,71,802 in 2009-10 and his
house on four cottah has no current market value as land in
Sector III is not saleable in the market.
While the land was purchased at a cost of Rs 40,000, the
cost of construction of the house was Rs 2,18,000.
He has assets and liabilities valued at Rs 16,92,896.15
which includes fixed deposits and mutual funds.
Dasgupta`s spouse Shyamali Dasgupta, a retired employee
of the Reserve Bank of India, though not possessing land,
house or vehicle, has movable assets valued at Rs 9,86,894.04
which includes gold ornaments, fixed deposits, NSC, mutual
funds and LIC policies.
Dasgupta, a Ph.D from Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, (Economics) USA, is a retired professor of
economics of Calcutta University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo