Buddhadeb not to attend CPI(M) politiburo meeting
Kolkata: Outgoing Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee will not attend the CPI(M) Politburo
meeting beginning in Delhi on Sunday, his party said, as his
presence was required here.
"There is need for Bhattacharjee`s presence in
Kolkata. He has been asked to stay in view of post-poll result
violence in different parts of the state. Our party workers
are being attacked and looting and arson is taking place,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
Bose denied reports that Bhattacharjee had decided to
resign from the Politburo owning moral responsibility for the
party`s rout. "There is no basis for such reports."
Bose and Nirupam Sen left for Delhi to attend the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav