Buddhadeb not to attend CPI(M) politiburo meeting
Kolkata: Outgoing Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee will not attend the CPI(M) Politburo
meeting beginning in Delhi on Sunday, his party said, as his
presence was required here.
"There is need for Bhattacharjee`s presence in
Kolkata. He has been asked to stay in view of post-poll result
violence in different parts of the state. Our party workers
are being attacked and looting and arson is taking place,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
Bose denied reports that Bhattacharjee had decided to
resign from the Politburo owning moral responsibility for the
party`s rout. "There is no basis for such reports."
Bose and Nirupam Sen left for Delhi to attend the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?