Buddhadeb not to attend CPI(M) politiburo meeting
Kolkata: Outgoing Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee will not attend the CPI(M) Politburo
meeting beginning in Delhi on Sunday, his party said, as his
presence was required here.
"There is need for Bhattacharjee`s presence in
Kolkata. He has been asked to stay in view of post-poll result
violence in different parts of the state. Our party workers
are being attacked and looting and arson is taking place,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
Bose denied reports that Bhattacharjee had decided to
resign from the Politburo owning moral responsibility for the
party`s rout. "There is no basis for such reports."
Bose and Nirupam Sen left for Delhi to attend the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez