Buddhadeb not to attend CPI(M) politiburo meeting
Kolkata: Outgoing Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee will not attend the CPI(M) Politburo
meeting beginning in Delhi on Sunday, his party said, as his
presence was required here.
"There is need for Bhattacharjee`s presence in
Kolkata. He has been asked to stay in view of post-poll result
violence in different parts of the state. Our party workers
are being attacked and looting and arson is taking place,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
Bose denied reports that Bhattacharjee had decided to
resign from the Politburo owning moral responsibility for the
party`s rout. "There is no basis for such reports."
Bose and Nirupam Sen left for Delhi to attend the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends