Buddhadeb not to attend CPI(M) politiburo meeting
Kolkata: Outgoing Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee will not attend the CPI(M) Politburo
meeting beginning in Delhi on Sunday, his party said, as his
presence was required here.
"There is need for Bhattacharjee`s presence in
Kolkata. He has been asked to stay in view of post-poll result
violence in different parts of the state. Our party workers
are being attacked and looting and arson is taking place,"
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
Bose denied reports that Bhattacharjee had decided to
resign from the Politburo owning moral responsibility for the
party`s rout. "There is no basis for such reports."
Bose and Nirupam Sen left for Delhi to attend the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!