Buddhadeb pulled up for predicting `TMC-BJP` alliance
Kolkata: Taking potshots at senior CPM leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee over his comment that the ruling party in West Bengal may join hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) if it performs well in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Saugata Roy on Monday said the former chief minister`s remark cannot be taken seriously for he is not even a people`s representative.
"I cannot take Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee seriously. He has been defeated in his own Assembly constituency just 19 months ago. He is just a foreign minister and nothing more, he is not even a people`s representative. So, what he says has no importance," said Roy.
"Trinamool Congress is maintaining equidistance from BJP and the Congress. Our policies will not be dictated by what Buddhadeb Babu sees, thinks or predicts. We shall follow our own chart independently," he added.
Bhattacharjee had earlier on Sunday said that the Trinamool Congress and BJP may soon join hands in the days ahead.
"From the speeches of BJP leaders we understand that the BJP is willing to enter into an alliance with the Trinamool Congress. The ground is being readied by this government," said Bhattacharjee, while speaking at a huge party rally held in Kolkata
Bhattacharjee also lashed out at the government over its decision to give allowance to imams.
"During our regime, too, the temples, masjids functioned smoothly, but we did not give any allowance to imams and priests. Why the governments has to allocate money for them (imams), when lakhs of young Muslims are not getting jobs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell
- Malala Yousafzai becomes millionaire with book sales, lectures
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again