Buddhadeb pulled up for predicting `TMC-BJP` alliance
Kolkata: Taking potshots at senior CPM leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee over his comment that the ruling party in West Bengal may join hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) if it performs well in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Saugata Roy on Monday said the former chief minister`s remark cannot be taken seriously for he is not even a people`s representative.
"I cannot take Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee seriously. He has been defeated in his own Assembly constituency just 19 months ago. He is just a foreign minister and nothing more, he is not even a people`s representative. So, what he says has no importance," said Roy.
"Trinamool Congress is maintaining equidistance from BJP and the Congress. Our policies will not be dictated by what Buddhadeb Babu sees, thinks or predicts. We shall follow our own chart independently," he added.
Bhattacharjee had earlier on Sunday said that the Trinamool Congress and BJP may soon join hands in the days ahead.
"From the speeches of BJP leaders we understand that the BJP is willing to enter into an alliance with the Trinamool Congress. The ground is being readied by this government," said Bhattacharjee, while speaking at a huge party rally held in Kolkata
Bhattacharjee also lashed out at the government over its decision to give allowance to imams.
"During our regime, too, the temples, masjids functioned smoothly, but we did not give any allowance to imams and priests. Why the governments has to allocate money for them (imams), when lakhs of young Muslims are not getting jobs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves