Buddhadeb pulled up for predicting `TMC-BJP` alliance
Kolkata: Taking potshots at senior CPM leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee over his comment that the ruling party in West Bengal may join hands with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) if it performs well in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Saugata Roy on Monday said the former chief minister`s remark cannot be taken seriously for he is not even a people`s representative.
"I cannot take Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee seriously. He has been defeated in his own Assembly constituency just 19 months ago. He is just a foreign minister and nothing more, he is not even a people`s representative. So, what he says has no importance," said Roy.
"Trinamool Congress is maintaining equidistance from BJP and the Congress. Our policies will not be dictated by what Buddhadeb Babu sees, thinks or predicts. We shall follow our own chart independently," he added.
Bhattacharjee had earlier on Sunday said that the Trinamool Congress and BJP may soon join hands in the days ahead.
"From the speeches of BJP leaders we understand that the BJP is willing to enter into an alliance with the Trinamool Congress. The ground is being readied by this government," said Bhattacharjee, while speaking at a huge party rally held in Kolkata
Bhattacharjee also lashed out at the government over its decision to give allowance to imams.
"During our regime, too, the temples, masjids functioned smoothly, but we did not give any allowance to imams and priests. Why the governments has to allocate money for them (imams), when lakhs of young Muslims are not getting jobs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM