Buddhadeb questions TMC`s claim it will play decisive role
Kolkata: CPI(M) politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday questioned claims by Trinamool Congress that it would play a decisive role in the Lok Sabha polls, saying that they would become part of Congress or BJP led governments.
"Of late Trinamool is claiming that it would be a decisive factor in the post Lok Sabha election scenario. What will they do? They will at best be ministers of a BJP-led government or a Congress-led government," Bhattacharjee told a party rally at Budge Budge.
He pointed out that the TMC was part of the NDA and Congress-led UPA governments earlier.
Bhattacharjee, a former chief minister, claimed that the TMC had invited the BJP to West Bengal when it had joined hands with the NDA.
"But BJP this time is more aggressive and the spectre of riots is associated with Modi who wants a Hindu rashtra," he said.
"And, TMC also wants the same. What has Modi done for his state? What will TMC do after going to Delhi?" the CPI(M) leader asked.
Admitting that the coming Lok Sabha elections would be a difficult one for Left parties, he said that the Left had alternative policies and they would not allow privatisation of banks and LIC.
"We will not allow nationalised banks and LIC to be sold out," he said.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress MP Sougato Roy hit out at Bhattacharjee saying that the party would maintain equal distance from both the BJP and Congress.
"Trinamool Congress will be a decisive factor in the formation of the government. We will reduce the Left to a non-entity after the elections," he told a news agency.
Countering Bhattacharjee`s allegations, Roy said, "It was the Left which was instrumental in bringing the BJP to the state as a political force.
"When the Left parties supported the VP Singh government in 1989 it was also backed by BJP from outside." he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray