Buddhadeb questions Trinamool`s silence over Modi
Kolkata: Former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Thursday described as strange the "silence" of Trinamool Congress over elevation of Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate and asked the party to clear the air on the matter.
"BJP is projecting Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate. Who is Narendra Modi? Every body knows his track record as chief minister in Gujarat.”
"It is strange that TMC has maintained a silence over Narendra Modi when he is being projected as a prime ministerial candidate. Trinamool should speak out its stand on Modi," he told a rally at Baranagar here.
Bhattacharjee also slammed the lethargic progress of the investigation of Saradha chit fund scam. "One TMC MP has been arrested. It is a shame. But, no one can put finger on Left leaders or supporters alleging their involvement in such type of scam," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress