Buddhadeb questions Trinamool`s silence over Modi
Kolkata: Former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Thursday described as strange the "silence" of Trinamool Congress over elevation of Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate and asked the party to clear the air on the matter.
"BJP is projecting Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate. Who is Narendra Modi? Every body knows his track record as chief minister in Gujarat.”
"It is strange that TMC has maintained a silence over Narendra Modi when he is being projected as a prime ministerial candidate. Trinamool should speak out its stand on Modi," he told a rally at Baranagar here.
Bhattacharjee also slammed the lethargic progress of the investigation of Saradha chit fund scam. "One TMC MP has been arrested. It is a shame. But, no one can put finger on Left leaders or supporters alleging their involvement in such type of scam," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation