Buddhadeb slams GJM for creating `anarchy` in Darjeeling hills
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Saturday implicitly attacked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) for "creating anarchy and violence" in Darjeeling hills and reiterated that discussions are the only way to solve the problem.
"They (GJM) are trying to create problem both in the hills and in the Dooars area. We will not tolerate this anarchy. Everyday, they are creating problems in the hills," said Bhattacharjee, while addressing a gathering in Malbazar area of Jalpaiguri district.
Darjeeling, in the last few months, has witnessed a series of incidents of protest and violence as the leadership of GJM has been constantly pressurising the central and the state government to accept its demand of Gorkhaland.
"Discussions are the only way to solve the problem. If everyday there is a demand to divide West Bengal, we cannot accept it. We will never allow division of Bengal.
"For so many years we have all stayed together in harmony. Today and in the future also we will stay together with harmony," added Bhattacharjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!