Buddhadeb slams GJM for creating `anarchy` in Darjeeling hills
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Saturday implicitly attacked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) for "creating anarchy and violence" in Darjeeling hills and reiterated that discussions are the only way to solve the problem.
"They (GJM) are trying to create problem both in the hills and in the Dooars area. We will not tolerate this anarchy. Everyday, they are creating problems in the hills," said Bhattacharjee, while addressing a gathering in Malbazar area of Jalpaiguri district.
Darjeeling, in the last few months, has witnessed a series of incidents of protest and violence as the leadership of GJM has been constantly pressurising the central and the state government to accept its demand of Gorkhaland.
"Discussions are the only way to solve the problem. If everyday there is a demand to divide West Bengal, we cannot accept it. We will never allow division of Bengal.
"For so many years we have all stayed together in harmony. Today and in the future also we will stay together with harmony," added Bhattacharjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'