Buddhadeb slams GJM for creating `anarchy` in Darjeeling hills
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Saturday implicitly attacked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) for "creating anarchy and violence" in Darjeeling hills and reiterated that discussions are the only way to solve the problem.
"They (GJM) are trying to create problem both in the hills and in the Dooars area. We will not tolerate this anarchy. Everyday, they are creating problems in the hills," said Bhattacharjee, while addressing a gathering in Malbazar area of Jalpaiguri district.
Darjeeling, in the last few months, has witnessed a series of incidents of protest and violence as the leadership of GJM has been constantly pressurising the central and the state government to accept its demand of Gorkhaland.
"Discussions are the only way to solve the problem. If everyday there is a demand to divide West Bengal, we cannot accept it. We will never allow division of Bengal.
"For so many years we have all stayed together in harmony. Today and in the future also we will stay together with harmony," added Bhattacharjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future