Buddhadeb slams TMC govt`s industrial policy
Baruipur: Slamming the industrial policy of the TMC government in West Bengal, CPI-M Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday said it would have been better if the incidents at Nandigram and Singur could have been avoided during the erstwhile LF regime.
"Yes it would have been better if problems in Nandigram and Singur could have been averted," the former chief minister conceded during a Left Front rally here.
"But will the state run backwards because of the two incidents? We (erstwhile LF government) did`t allow it ... In other areas of the state we had set up industries and that too without any problem," Bhattacharjee said criticising the TMC government for not pursuing any proper land policy.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after coming to power had decided that state government would not forcibly acquire land for industry in the state.
It was due to the lack of a proper land policy no industry had come up in the state since May 2011 when the LF bowed out of power, he claimed and blamed the TMC government for `driving away` industry from the state.
"What is their (TMC government`s) industrial policy? Most of the investors are apprehensive about investing in the state. Infosys, Wipro are not coming. The future of steel plant at Salboni, which was inaugurated during our regime, is under a big question mark," he said.
Accusing Banerjee of spending public funds on self propaganda, he criticised her for making false promises of providing 10 lakh jobs in last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai