Buddhadeb slams TMC govt`s industrial policy
Baruipur: Slamming the industrial policy of the TMC government in West Bengal, CPI-M Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday said it would have been better if the incidents at Nandigram and Singur could have been avoided during the erstwhile LF regime.
"Yes it would have been better if problems in Nandigram and Singur could have been averted," the former chief minister conceded during a Left Front rally here.
"But will the state run backwards because of the two incidents? We (erstwhile LF government) did`t allow it ... In other areas of the state we had set up industries and that too without any problem," Bhattacharjee said criticising the TMC government for not pursuing any proper land policy.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after coming to power had decided that state government would not forcibly acquire land for industry in the state.
It was due to the lack of a proper land policy no industry had come up in the state since May 2011 when the LF bowed out of power, he claimed and blamed the TMC government for `driving away` industry from the state.
"What is their (TMC government`s) industrial policy? Most of the investors are apprehensive about investing in the state. Infosys, Wipro are not coming. The future of steel plant at Salboni, which was inaugurated during our regime, is under a big question mark," he said.
Accusing Banerjee of spending public funds on self propaganda, he criticised her for making false promises of providing 10 lakh jobs in last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray