Buddhadeb slams TMC govt`s industrial policy
Baruipur: Slamming the industrial policy of the TMC government in West Bengal, CPI-M Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday said it would have been better if the incidents at Nandigram and Singur could have been avoided during the erstwhile LF regime.
"Yes it would have been better if problems in Nandigram and Singur could have been averted," the former chief minister conceded during a Left Front rally here.
"But will the state run backwards because of the two incidents? We (erstwhile LF government) did`t allow it ... In other areas of the state we had set up industries and that too without any problem," Bhattacharjee said criticising the TMC government for not pursuing any proper land policy.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after coming to power had decided that state government would not forcibly acquire land for industry in the state.
It was due to the lack of a proper land policy no industry had come up in the state since May 2011 when the LF bowed out of power, he claimed and blamed the TMC government for `driving away` industry from the state.
"What is their (TMC government`s) industrial policy? Most of the investors are apprehensive about investing in the state. Infosys, Wipro are not coming. The future of steel plant at Salboni, which was inaugurated during our regime, is under a big question mark," he said.
Accusing Banerjee of spending public funds on self propaganda, he criticised her for making false promises of providing 10 lakh jobs in last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India