Buddhadeb slams TMC govt`s industrial policy
Baruipur: Slamming the industrial policy of the TMC government in West Bengal, CPI-M Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday said it would have been better if the incidents at Nandigram and Singur could have been avoided during the erstwhile LF regime.
"Yes it would have been better if problems in Nandigram and Singur could have been averted," the former chief minister conceded during a Left Front rally here.
"But will the state run backwards because of the two incidents? We (erstwhile LF government) did`t allow it ... In other areas of the state we had set up industries and that too without any problem," Bhattacharjee said criticising the TMC government for not pursuing any proper land policy.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after coming to power had decided that state government would not forcibly acquire land for industry in the state.
It was due to the lack of a proper land policy no industry had come up in the state since May 2011 when the LF bowed out of power, he claimed and blamed the TMC government for `driving away` industry from the state.
"What is their (TMC government`s) industrial policy? Most of the investors are apprehensive about investing in the state. Infosys, Wipro are not coming. The future of steel plant at Salboni, which was inaugurated during our regime, is under a big question mark," he said.
Accusing Banerjee of spending public funds on self propaganda, he criticised her for making false promises of providing 10 lakh jobs in last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you