Buddhadeb slams TMC govt`s industrial policy
Baruipur: Slamming the industrial policy of the TMC government in West Bengal, CPI-M Politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Sunday said it would have been better if the incidents at Nandigram and Singur could have been avoided during the erstwhile LF regime.
"Yes it would have been better if problems in Nandigram and Singur could have been averted," the former chief minister conceded during a Left Front rally here.
"But will the state run backwards because of the two incidents? We (erstwhile LF government) did`t allow it ... In other areas of the state we had set up industries and that too without any problem," Bhattacharjee said criticising the TMC government for not pursuing any proper land policy.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after coming to power had decided that state government would not forcibly acquire land for industry in the state.
It was due to the lack of a proper land policy no industry had come up in the state since May 2011 when the LF bowed out of power, he claimed and blamed the TMC government for `driving away` industry from the state.
"What is their (TMC government`s) industrial policy? Most of the investors are apprehensive about investing in the state. Infosys, Wipro are not coming. The future of steel plant at Salboni, which was inaugurated during our regime, is under a big question mark," he said.
Accusing Banerjee of spending public funds on self propaganda, he criticised her for making false promises of providing 10 lakh jobs in last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- HC declines to restrain 'Kabali' release
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' celebration of love: Karan Johar
- Mayawati herself insulted women community: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar
- Women suffering from ADHD more prone to suicidal tendencies, says study
- Muslim man removed from flight after attendant announced, 'Mohamed Ahmed, I will be watching you'