Burdwan: Ex-Mayor son shot dead
Burdwan (WB): The son of a former Mayor
in Burdwan district, who worked as a school contractor, was today shot dead by unidentified assailants this morning, police said.
Arpan Mukherjee, 50, was shot at point blank range in Asansol during his morning walk after which he was taken to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
His father Bamopodo Mukherjee has served as Mayor and an MLA from CPI(M) from Burnpur.
In protest against the incident, local markets were shut and local bus services affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'