Burdwan: Ex-Mayor son shot dead
Burdwan (WB): The son of a former Mayor
in Burdwan district, who worked as a school contractor, was today shot dead by unidentified assailants this morning, police said.
Arpan Mukherjee, 50, was shot at point blank range in Asansol during his morning walk after which he was taken to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
His father Bamopodo Mukherjee has served as Mayor and an MLA from CPI(M) from Burnpur.
In protest against the incident, local markets were shut and local bus services affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS