Bypoll to Jangipur, Tehri Garhwal seats on Oct 10
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Wednesday announced bypolls to Jangipur and Tehri Garhwal Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal and Uttarakhand on October 10.
The two constituencies, represented by Congress leaders Pranab Mukherjee and Vijay Bahuguna, fell vacant after their elevation as the President and the Uttarakhand Chief Minister respectively.
Announcing the schedule for bye-elections, the EC said the notification for the same would be issued on September 15 and the last date for making nominations is September 22.
After scrutiny of nominations on September 24, the EC has fixed September 26 as last date for withdrawal of nominations. The election will be held on October 10 and counting will take place after three days.
The Model Code of Conduct shall come into force with immediate effect in the districts in which the whole or any part of the Parliamentary Constituency going for bye-election is included.
The electoral rolls for assembly constituencies comprised in Tehri Garhwal and Jangipur Parliamentary Constituencies have been revised with reference to January 1 as the qualifying date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal