Bypoll to Jangipur, Tehri Garhwal seats on Oct 10
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Wednesday announced bypolls to Jangipur and Tehri Garhwal Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal and Uttarakhand on October 10.
The two constituencies, represented by Congress leaders Pranab Mukherjee and Vijay Bahuguna, fell vacant after their elevation as the President and the Uttarakhand Chief Minister respectively.
Announcing the schedule for bye-elections, the EC said the notification for the same would be issued on September 15 and the last date for making nominations is September 22.
After scrutiny of nominations on September 24, the EC has fixed September 26 as last date for withdrawal of nominations. The election will be held on October 10 and counting will take place after three days.
The Model Code of Conduct shall come into force with immediate effect in the districts in which the whole or any part of the Parliamentary Constituency going for bye-election is included.
The electoral rolls for assembly constituencies comprised in Tehri Garhwal and Jangipur Parliamentary Constituencies have been revised with reference to January 1 as the qualifying date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP