Bypoll to Jangipur, Tehri Garhwal seats on Oct 10
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Wednesday announced bypolls to Jangipur and Tehri Garhwal Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal and Uttarakhand on October 10.
The two constituencies, represented by Congress leaders Pranab Mukherjee and Vijay Bahuguna, fell vacant after their elevation as the President and the Uttarakhand Chief Minister respectively.
Announcing the schedule for bye-elections, the EC said the notification for the same would be issued on September 15 and the last date for making nominations is September 22.
After scrutiny of nominations on September 24, the EC has fixed September 26 as last date for withdrawal of nominations. The election will be held on October 10 and counting will take place after three days.
The Model Code of Conduct shall come into force with immediate effect in the districts in which the whole or any part of the Parliamentary Constituency going for bye-election is included.
The electoral rolls for assembly constituencies comprised in Tehri Garhwal and Jangipur Parliamentary Constituencies have been revised with reference to January 1 as the qualifying date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?