Bypoll to Jangipur, Tehri Garhwal seats on Oct 10
New Delhi: The Election Commission on Wednesday announced bypolls to Jangipur and Tehri Garhwal Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal and Uttarakhand on October 10.
The two constituencies, represented by Congress leaders Pranab Mukherjee and Vijay Bahuguna, fell vacant after their elevation as the President and the Uttarakhand Chief Minister respectively.
Announcing the schedule for bye-elections, the EC said the notification for the same would be issued on September 15 and the last date for making nominations is September 22.
After scrutiny of nominations on September 24, the EC has fixed September 26 as last date for withdrawal of nominations. The election will be held on October 10 and counting will take place after three days.
The Model Code of Conduct shall come into force with immediate effect in the districts in which the whole or any part of the Parliamentary Constituency going for bye-election is included.
The electoral rolls for assembly constituencies comprised in Tehri Garhwal and Jangipur Parliamentary Constituencies have been revised with reference to January 1 as the qualifying date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi