Cache of arms seized from bus, 2 held in WB
Canning (WB): Police on Monday seized a cache of arms from a private passenger bus and arrested two persons from Canning in South 24 Parganas district.
Nine firearms, two magazines, 47 cartridges and five kg of bomb making materials were found in a sack from the bus.
The police, on a tip off, intercepted the bus when it entered Canning, searched the vehicle and found the sack.
Two persons - Shamim Khan and Sheikh Salim - were arrested, police said adding they were also looking for a woman involved in the incident.
The consignments came from Munger in Bihar.
The bus was plying between Sonakhi in Basanti area to Jamtala in Kultali of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi