Cache of arms seized in West Midnapore
Midnapore: In continued arms haul in
West Bengal, a large cache of arms was seized by the police
from under a mound of hay near a CPI-M party office at
Enayatpur, about 5 km from West Midnapore district head
quarter town on Sunday.
The haul comprised one INSAS rifle, one AK 47 rifle, 18
other rifles, 15 indigenous pistols and 200 live cartridges,
the police said.
The arms were first spotted by the villagers, who
informed the police.
Three days ago 17 rifles were seized from the same party
office, the police added.
In another incident, two six-shooter pistols were
recovered at Kharagpur, the police added.
Altogether 45 abandoned firearms were seized from two
places and 11 people injured in a clash between Trinamool
Congress and CPI-M in the district on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir