Calcutta HC directs expeditious hearing of Kamduni trial
Kolkata: The Calcutta High Court on Thursday directed the lower court where the trial in the gang-rape and murder of a college girl student was being held to complete the hearing as expeditiously as possible.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Arun Mishra and Justice Joymalyo Bagchi directed the magistrate to complete the trial as early as possible and that no unnecessary adjournments be granted which might cause delay.
Disposing off a PIL in the matter, the bench did not grant the prayer for constituting a special investigation team for probing the gang-rape and murder of the 20-year-old college girl student who was brutalised and killed in broad daylight at Kamduni village of Barasat area in North 24 Parganas on June seven.
The CID is investigating the case.
The court noted that eight of the nine accused have been arrested and charge-sheet has also been submitted and there was no necessity to interfere at this stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?