Calcutta HC lawyers protest against allotment of court room to ACO
Kolkata: A section of lawyers of the Calcutta High Court Friday staged a protest against the alleged allotment of a court room to the Assistant Court Officer(ACO).
"A group of around 60-70 lawyers today staged a demonstration inside the court room against the allotment of a court room to the ACO. The agitating lawyers did not vacate
the room till late in the night," Joint Commissioner of Police (Headquarters) Jawed Shamim said.
"We have sent our forces at the High Court to evict the room," he said.
Rana Mukherjee, secretary of the Bar Association questioned that despite a shortage of court rooms, why was the room alloted to the ACO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town