Calcutta HC lawyers protest against allotment of court room to ACO
Kolkata: A section of lawyers of the Calcutta High Court Friday staged a protest against the alleged allotment of a court room to the Assistant Court Officer(ACO).
"A group of around 60-70 lawyers today staged a demonstration inside the court room against the allotment of a court room to the ACO. The agitating lawyers did not vacate
the room till late in the night," Joint Commissioner of Police (Headquarters) Jawed Shamim said.
"We have sent our forces at the High Court to evict the room," he said.
Rana Mukherjee, secretary of the Bar Association questioned that despite a shortage of court rooms, why was the room alloted to the ACO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss