Calcutta HC lawyers protest against allotment of court room to ACO
Kolkata: A section of lawyers of the Calcutta High Court Friday staged a protest against the alleged allotment of a court room to the Assistant Court Officer(ACO).
"A group of around 60-70 lawyers today staged a demonstration inside the court room against the allotment of a court room to the ACO. The agitating lawyers did not vacate
the room till late in the night," Joint Commissioner of Police (Headquarters) Jawed Shamim said.
"We have sent our forces at the High Court to evict the room," he said.
Rana Mukherjee, secretary of the Bar Association questioned that despite a shortage of court rooms, why was the room alloted to the ACO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened