Caller claiming to be Buddhadeb threatens voters
Kolkata: A caller identifying himself as West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee is threatening some people in his constituency Jadavpore, his election agent said here on Monday.
"The calls came from a ten-digit number. The caller identified himself as the chief minister and asked these people to carry out his orders," Bhattacharjee`s election agent and former city mayor Bikash Bhattacharya said.
We have lodged a complaint with state Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta. We want the Election Commission to probe the matter," he said.
Bikash Bhattacharya alleged that the calls had been made to tarnish the chief minister`s image in the midst of the state Assembly polls.
Bhattacharjee is a candidate from Jadavpore constituency in South 24-Parganas district which will go to the polls April 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday