Car having Lahore number plate found abandoned in busy area
Kolkata: A car, bearing a number plate of
Lahore in Pakistan, parked in the no-parking zone in the busy
New Market area here has caused a flutter with the police on
the trail of the owner.
The car, a Toyota Land Cruiser with number plate L 992
WYZ and a sticker of Islamabad attached to it, was first
noticed by locals in front of the Bible Society of India in
the New Market area of central Kolkata last night.
The police after getting information broke into the
vehicle and seized the driving license, some documents, books
Alexander Henry Parcel of London, the supposed owner of
the car and a student of Anthropology in Oxford University,
possibly hired the car from Pakistan and came to India, police
Initial investigation revealed that Parcel was looking
for an international driving license and passport needed to
travel across different countries.
The police is on a look out for the man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands